10.30.2009

Friday Favorite: David Hicks Chairs

This week I am inspired again by a pair of chairs here at Found. They are sitting across from me, while I type away, listening to a mix of jazz. The chairs are elegant, white and reupholstered in David Hicks fabric, very fitting for my music and mood.




I found an array of images of similar chairs from some of my favorite designers. I love the fact that none of the chairs are exactly the same, confirming each to be unique in its own way!

Tom Scheerer uses these blue and white chairs below to create a seating area and a space saving one at that! Line them up against a wall for a classic look in your home. Then, when you are entertaining, you can pull them out for extra seating.


Steven Gambrel uses his version of this blue and white chair all over this room below! He is using them in both a large and small dining area. What an elegant, yet comfortable look. If only we had eight of our chairs!


Below, Ruthie Sommers uses a chair like ours, but her version is in a chocolate color scheme. How fantastic that Ruthie pulled the fourth dining chair out and uses it as a desk chair!?! And the replacement is great as well.


Caitlin has a variation of our David Hicks chairs as well, in her room below. These are a bit different in structure, but similar in color scheme. And how lovely are they around that tulip table!


If you didn't check out the before and after from last week, then you must do so here. These chairs were featured as well as the Schumacher & Co. ones!

I just LOVE how much inspiration can come from one piece! I'm off to dream up some more scenarios for these chairs. :)

Have a great weekend!

Morgan









1 comment:

Rebecca June | Sea Island Drive said...

Ok girls, I fly into San Fran on Saturday and I leave on Monday so I would love to stop by for a visit. Let me know which day works better for you guys! Cannot wait to meet you!

xoxo

Rebecca June