10.09.2009

Friday Favorite: Bar Cart from the Office of Don Draper

I'm not sure if it is because I don't want this season of Madmen to end or because I had such a fantastic time at our celebration here at Found last night, but today I have this bar cart on my mind.

Both of the images below are equally as yummy. Unfortunately, only one of these things actually belongs to Found...

A Bar Cart from the Office of Don Draper. LOVE.


And Don Draper. LOVE.


Now, we at Found are not the only ones who think bar carts are perfection. I spy a bar cart in David Jimenez's image here. I think it is important to have a bar stocked and ready for unexpected entertaining and a bar cart is an elegant way to accomplish that. This one speaks perfectly to the sophistication of David's design.


Here, I absolutely love what Caitlin did with the bar cart in this sitting area. A bar cart is a perfect substitution for a side table. The flowers that she added are a great accent and are very refreshing. I know one of our readers must have a fantastic set of chairs that are starving for a bar cart to befriend them!?!


This image from apartment therapy gives us another take on the bar cart. This lovely lady lends a home to a stack of books and a lamp. Very chic if I may say so!


For me personally, when I think of a bar cart, one designer specifically comes to mind - Ralph Lauren. Don't ask me why, maybe it is the elegance of his designs, who knows. But when he popped into my head I decided to take a look at their site. Their new collection, Indian Cove Lodge, screams Fall (which is in full swing here and I'm loving it). They have two options for the top of a bar cart. Which one would you choose?

A sterling silver set for serving tea (which must be enjoyed with a tartan plaid blanket around your shoulders and a golden retriever by your side in true RL fashion)...


Or a leather set for serving scotch or whiskey. Hmmmm.


For me? I think I'll curl up with a glass of wine tonight, equally as lovely.

How about for you?

Enjoy :)

Morgan


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Morgan,I enjoyed your post, with its marvelous melange of bar carts. DD could lounge handsomely beside any of them!