10.28.2009

oh lee, you've charmed me


I've long been an admirer of this iconic photograph of Lee Radziwill and her daughter nestled in a Morrocan lair of a sitting room. Who wouldn't want to read a book, drink tea and dream of travels far away while lounging in this spicy room?



Over the weekend, I took it upon myself to finally organize some stacks of magazines that had really begun to pile up. This is a dangerous chore, for as soon as I begin, I find myself poring over past issues and making zero progress in terms of organizing.

I may not get very far but I'm always inspired by something I see.




This time it was with the images of Lee Radziwill's New York and Paris apartments that were in April's issue of Elle Decor.





This inspiration led to a discovery about myself.

I've expanded my decorating horizons and I am a now a certified lover of something new (for me at least).

Pattern



on Pattern



On Pattern.

Thank you Lee.

-Caitlin

*Images graciously borrowed from a favorite blog. Thank you Cote de Texas!

2 comments:

designgod said...

design god approves. he likes, he LIKES A LOT. Especially the Morrocan lair....

Anonymous said...

Ooh, just like her sister Jackie, Princess Radziwill wows us.
The rooms displayed are feminine, yet mysterious. Isn't that what all women want?