10.23.2009

Friday Favorite: Breakfast Cocktails Anyone?

It is an absolutely gorgeous day here in San Francisco, so I felt it appropriate to highlight something at Found with a cheery tune. These amazing chairs seemed perfect! They are reupholstered in Shumacher & Co. fabric and were part of our extreme makeover series. These chairs would be fantastic in many settings. Personally, I could see them in a beach house (preferably mine - HA HA - I wish). Or really in any space that could use a fantastic pop of color. If they were mine, I think they would always make me want to have a cocktail with breakfast - in a good way - because they are SO fun!


Windsor Smith used similar chairs to line a long dining table. I love how she paired such a detailed chair with an understated table. The combo really allows the chairs to get the attention they deserve!


Palmer Weiss has used these chairs in her projects as well. Here, she uses one to define a sitting area. Amazing combo of fabrics!


Here, Palmer has a set of the chairs in the far right corner. Ours would be great at a little corner table like that!


Tom Scheerer uses a brown set in the photo below. He paired his with a white tulip table. It is interesting to see how the color difference in wood and fabric completely changes the tone. Tom's room is fantastic but gives off more of a relaxed feeling, like I would be drinking white wine in them. I think I would be drinking something more like a bloody mary or mimosa in ours!


The chairs that Amanda Nisbet used in her project have a slightly different design, but are executed in a great way. Again, the chairs are paired with a table that allow them to make a statement. I think our set would look great with the colors Amanda used. YUM!


Well, it is time for me to stop fantasizing about the Schumacher & Co. chairs and get back to reality - ha! For one of you lucky souls, this could be reality...

Enjoy your weekend!

Morgan

2 comments:

Paulette said...

These chairs are gorgeous, and I love how changing the paint color and fabric choices--which are relatively easy even for the non DIYer--really changes the personality of the chairs. Thanks for the inspiration.

Found said...

Paulette, we thank you for reading our blog! we will continue to post more before-and-afters...its always fun to see the transformation!