9.18.2009

Friday Favorite Debut: Zebra Hide Rug

I thought that it would be fun to feature one of our items here at Found every Friday as my 'Friday Favorite' and provide some examples as to how it could be used. So, for my 'Friday Favorite' Debut, I chose my all-time favorite design element: The Zebra Hide Rug.

This one is ours at Found. It brings me the utmost delight every time I'm here. Oh, how I wish it was mine!



How I would feature it?

Well, if I actually had an entryway - not provided in my small one-bedroom in SF :) - I would pair it with items that allow it to make a statement, like Robyn Karp did here.


Or place it in a sitting area with a gorgeous green backdrop as Robyn did here. I guess that is only for those of you who are out in wine country!


One of my favorite design images (below) belongs to Paul Costello. I love the green & black combo (which I have done all over my apartment - I guess I really do need the zebra hide)!


Or why not drape it over a white couch. LOVE IT. Thanks, Paul.


David Jimenez has used the zebra hide rug in some of his interiors as well. I love how he compliments hard lines with the organic elements of the rug.


A black and white zebra hide rug paired with a vase full of bright pink peonies? YES, PLEASE!


Now, tell me who wouldn't love to cozy up by this beauty on a crisp fall afternoon? And I love the use of it to divide the space. Caitlin, this is fab.


If you were the lucky one to take home our zebra hide rug, where would you put it?

Have a great weekend!

Morgan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morgan, I commend the variety you offer zebra hide rug lovers, of which I am one. Vibrant color against black and white stripes, fabulous.
By the way, who are you Morgan?

Found said...

I am so glad you enjoyed the post! It is a lot of fun to see how something can be used in so many ways. I, Morgan, help Caitlin and Tyler out at Found 2 days a week. Please check back next week for my next Friday Favorite!

wide open spaces said...

i'm a zebra rug fan as well. such an easy way to add an organic graphic element.

i wish i could have one as well, not yet.