1.07.2010

Resolutions


Happy New Year!

I don't know about you guys but I am pretty excited for the fresh start that a new year brings. Like most of us, I attempt to quit my bad habits and resolve to learn some new skills to improve my life in one way or another. Rather than bore you with what I am giving up (not nearly scandalous enough), I thought I'd give you the scoop on the good habits I hope to take on this year.

First off. I'm finally going to take that painting class I have been saying I will do for so many years now. I have already mentioned my love for abstract paintings so I thought I'd learn how to do it. Its doubtful I'll ever be as good as Mr. Bachman, but at least I'll try.


Next. Never ever have I had success in nurturing plants. But this year is going to be different. I am going to create a mini-garden (albeit indoors) and tend to it with care. This bountiful tower or oranges and lemons will serve as my inspiration.



Third. I'm resolution-ing to pack my suitcases and see the world. I love traveling and last year I didn't do nearly enough. I pack light (you must!) and these little cuties will be essential for properly displaying my snappy suitcases at each destination. Compact enough to fit inside my suitcase....now that's traveling efficiently!


(This resolution will certainly come true with this trio)


DSC00640.JPG.jpg


Finally, I vow to organize my life.
It's a small gesture, I know, but I am starting with the books in my life. I love to read, I love the bookstore, and Amazon is my late night indulgence. Unfortunately, the stacks of books I've accumulated are becoming troublesome to my eye and perilous in the middle of the night. My first step will be to edit and donate the books that will be happier in the hands of our local library. For those worth keeping (most), they will be straightened and arranged, nestled between handsome bookends.



Here is to the new year, new beginnings and new directions!

-Caitlin

No comments: