3.31.2009

liberty!



Dreaming of a new spring wardrobe last night, I found myself flipping through Barneys latest catalog. I am in love with the new floral sundresses and camisoles by Cacharel and was so excited to realize they are Liberty patterns.  What a delightful partnership! Liberty is a British textile house that is famous for its sweet floral patterns. They are very English looking, delicate and detailed. I researched a bit this morning and found that Liberty patterns are available for purchase, mostly from British showrooms. Fellow blogger, Katy Elliot, had an entry back in February regarding her affinity for Liberty. She turned me on to a great website that shows a full array of their patterns. I love the small scale patterns, like 'Poppy and Honesty'....the name of the pattern alone makes me smile.


'Tatum' is also a sweetie. I think my niece Audrey would love it for curtains in her newly painted room.



Liberty does not only create floral patterns; they also have some lovely art-nouveau inspired looks, such as the peacock feather print below. Wouldn't this be great on an upholstered screen in a lady's dressing room? Or lining the walls of your powder room?


Here at Found, we have a few new pieces that need to be reupholstered....hopefully Tyler will agree they need to be Liber-ated!

-Caitlin

5 comments:

courtneyaw said...

i am loving floral prints this season and can't wait to see if these fabrics make it onto your furniture!

Mummy said...

I would love to see the peacock print with your adorable regency dresser!!

Found said...

thanks mummy! that would be a great combination. maybe we'll line the drawers in the peacock?!

Unknown said...

oooo.... I love Liberty prints so much. Is it too much in a little boy's nursery?

MrsB. said...

Your niece loves the fabric, but her mother is crazy about those peacocks! Ohhh my closet is next!