4.07.2009

the case for charming

one of the things i love most about living in san francisco is the abundance of beautiful older homes with original architectural details intact.  it's always nice to hear that there are reasons beyond the purely aesthetic for maintaining what is already in existence, as is suggested in this op-ed from today's new york times. 

and, for a little visual stimulation, a couple images from two of my favorite homes of character in this charming city...

the living room in chloe warner's noe valley project


and the lovely view into a bedroom within caitlin's cow hollow residence 


-tyler

2 comments:

BPD said...

What wonderful ‘charming’ spaces to highlight! Having been in both, I can tell you first hand that they are chic and elegant, and at the same time warm and inviting. I feel like I’ve seen a lot of designed spaces that only get half the equation. Well played, ladies. Also, is it me or does the photo of Caitlin’s Cow Hollow residence seem particularly voyeuristic? Interior design in general has an element of voyeurism to it, no?

designgod said...

i could see myself in that second place. groovy and sophisticated. kind of like me.